News

Time To Get Your Wood Burning Stove Swept

 

Now is the best time to get your wood burning stove or multi-fuel stove swept. The acidic soot will absorb moisture if left over the summer and cause corrosion of the stove interior and in particular will corrode the stainless steel liner if you have one.

Also, "soot-falls" - typically in late summer / early autumn - drop into the interior of the stove and onto the baffle plate. This further increases corrosion and can cause blockages resulting in smoking and increases the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning if you light up having forgotten to get...


Spring / Summer End of Season Sweeping

 

Now is the best time of year to get your chimney swept. If you have an open fire, sweeping means you avoid a soot-fall into the hearth when the late summer thunderstorms tip the balance and drop the soot that has been absorbing moisture all summer down your cool chimney. Also, you'll avoid those very unpleasant sooty / tarry smells that happen when it's warmer outside then inside and your chimney starts to draw down into your property rather than up and out.

If you have a wood burning or multi-fuel stove with a stainless steel...


The Chimney Doctor is now SweepSafe Certified

 

Many of our customers appreciate that we are recognized by our membership of a few high quality professional and industry associations. We don't just talk the talk, we walk the walk. Proud to now be a SweepSafe Certified Chimney Sweep.

If someone knocks on your door offering a sweep you are simply letting a stranger into your property let alone sweep your stove or open fireplace properly. Even If you don't use me, please use a sweep with credentials. #StaySafeGetSwept

 


Wishing All Our Past And Future Customers A Smurfin' Easter Break

#StaySafeGetSmurfed


Don't Just Take My Word For It - Insurance Companies Are Increasingly Aware

Getting your chimney swept is no different to getting your annual GasSafe gas appliance service or oil burning appliance OFTEC serviced. They all produce soot, reduce in efficiency if not cleaned and increase the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and chimney fire. Insurance companies are increasingly aware of this risk. #StaySafeGetSwept